The Misanthrope (2018)
The Misanthrope highlights the absurdities of social and literary pretension, focusing on Alceste, a man quick to criticise the faults of others, yet remaining blind to his own.
- Alceste, a playwright - Mark Vinson
- John, his friend - Christopher Vian-Smith
- Covington, a critic - Owen Chidlaw
- Jennifer, a movie star - Grace MacDougal
- Elen, a journalist - Ify Ugboma
- Alexander, an agent - Alex Watts
- Julian, an actor - Tom Watts
- Motorbike Messenger/Simone - Joanna Graystone-Llewellyn
- Maria, a teacher of acting - Helen Chadney
- Stage Manager - Tiffany Manning
- Lighting Rigger - Sean Thomas
- Lighting/sound Programmer - Peter Stevens
- Lighting/Sound Operator - Caroline Durant
- Set Construction - Chaz Doyle, Mark Ireson, Sean Thomas & cast
- Set Painting - Carole Ironside
- Costume - Lisa Thomas & Caroline Doyle
- Accent Coach - Jennifer Nettles
- Fight Coach - Anton Krause
This is my eleventh show as a director at SLT but my first in this lovely new space, and I felt like I was starting all over again! Huge thanks to all my cast and crew and everyone else who has helped to make this learning curve rather less steep. In addition to those mentioned above, thanks to Jenny and Jess in wardrobe, Kay and Carole for prop hunting, the TC theatre reps, Margaret Glenn and Lottie Benstead for bringing us light and of course the bar, box office and front of house staff without whom we would just be a lot of thirsty thespians in an empty room.
Some review quotes go here
Reminiscences and Anecdotes
Members are encouraged to write about their experiences of working on or seeing this production. Please leave your name. Anonymous entries may be deleted.