- To read play submissions for the following year and select the season of productions presented in Bell Theatre and Prompt Corner
- To select the Gala show and invite local dignitaries to the event.
- To allocate the budget for each production
- To assign a Theatre rep to each show. The role of the theatre rep is to liaise between the show director and the committee, to ensure the production runs to time and budget and within the safety regulations of the theatre.
- To coordinate the room allocation for the following year, providing rehearsal space for productions within the theatre building.
In the past, Theatre Committee has been split between the two spaces, with a separate Prompt Corner Administrator (PCA), but from 2007 onwards, a combined approach to the season is taken.