The Government Inspector (2015)
The action takes place in a small town in Russia, beyond the back of beyond, in the 1800s. The geography & era have been manipulated for artistic purposes.
- The Mayor - Christopher Vian-Smith
- Khlestakov - Jason Salmon
- Anna, the Mayor's wife - Helen Chadney
- Maria, the Mayor's daughter - Victoria Maytom
- Osip, Khlestakov's manservant - Alex Watts
- Bobchinsky, a landowner - Bob Callender
- Dobchinsky, a landowner - Chris Bennett
- Zemlyanika, head of hospitals - Chris Stooke
- Lyapkin-Tyapkin, the judge - Peter Medd
- Khlopov, head of schools - James Griffin
- Postmistress - Jackie Burch
- Police superintendent / shopkeeper - Mark Vinson
- Waiter / shopkeeper - Tom Watts
- Policeman - Graham Rice
- Mishka, the Mayor's servant - Hannah Taylor
- Locksmith's wife - Kim Goldsmith
- Dr Gibner / Sergeant's widow - Lorraine Spenceley
- Director - Naomi Liddle
- Assistant director - Dave Hollander
- Stage Manager - Jess Osorio
- Lighting design - Bob Callender
- Lighting and sound operator - Malcolm Woodman
- Costume - Lisa Thomas, Naomi Liddle, Caroline Doyle
- Hair design - Francesca Blessley, Hannah Taylor
- Construction - Tom Mathias, Mark Ireson
- Scenic painting - Hazel Hindle
Some review quotes go here
Reminiscences and Anecdotes
Members are encouraged to write about their experiences of working on or seeing this production. Please leave your name. Anonymous entries may be deleted.
Chris Bennett: My first appearance on an SLT stage after a (partially) self imposed exile of nine years and it felt great to be back, especially as there were some old mates in the cast. This was the first production during SLT's temporary relocation to Stanley Halls and it was definitely a steep learning curve: the Sunday 'get in' being a particularly close run thing!
Have there been other SLT productions of this play? Link to them here.
Or add anything that is related within this site. The author's page for instance or other plays with a similar theme.