New Writers' Showcase (2006)
The New Writers' Showcase featured 2 pieces performed for the first time during this production.
The Departure Lounge
Directed by Alison Rockbrand
Gerry isn't feeling very well. His wife has packed the entire house into their luggage, the airport has succumbed to a rather naughty snow storm, and now he's being harrassed by a mad man. It couldn't possibly get worse. Or could it?
- Angelo - Jason Lord
- Gerry - Jack King
- Flight Attendant - Rebecca Grzesik
- Cleaner - John Lyne
- Duncan - Simon Holland
- Housewife - Carole Coyne
- Corrado Cucca
- Hans Mudlamootoo
- Mark Ireson
???Cast list taken from programme, but weren't there one or two others? TBC
By Andrew Scott
Directed by Paul Hurley
A man, a woman, a taxi. 'Cry' is a multi-layered exploration of contemporary morals and how society may or may not be changing. It's also funny.
Crew (for both productions)
- Stage Manager - Anton Krause
- Assistant Stage Manager - Marion Burley
- Lighting Design (Cry) - Michael Fiddler
- Lighting Design (Departure Lounge) - Stuart Draper
- Lighting Operator - Louisa Evans
- Sound Design & Operator (Cry) - Bob Callender
- Sound Design & Operator (Departure Lounge) - Kevin Leech (Programme had these down as Lighting design/operation too but suspect should have been sound)
- Set Design - Lisa Marsh
- Props - Alan Buckman
- Poster Design - Steve Marchant
- Publicity - Dee Fancett
Some review quotes go here
Reminiscences and Anecdotes
Members are encouraged to write about their experiences of working on or seeing this production. Please leave your name. Anonymous entries may be deleted.
Have there been other SLT productions of these plays? Link to them here.
Or add anything that is related within this site. The author's page for instance or other plays with a similar theme.