Billy Casper has only three weeks before he leaves school and, like his brother, will probably end up down the pit. But when he discovers a young kestrel chick and trains it up all by himself, his newly expanded horizons bring him into conflict with his friends and family. Will Billy be allowed to spread his wings?
No animals were hurt in the making of this play.
- Billy Casper - Tony Dighero
- Mrs Casper - Ellen Hill
- Judd - Jack Allwright
- Mr Gryce - Stanley Myers O'Molloy
- Mrs Farthing - Lianne Abrahams
- Mr Sugden - Jake Felts
- MacDowall - Joe Jones
- Delamore - Kitty Judge
- Tibbutt - Blake McKenzie
- Gibbs - Nina Glover Southworth
- Messenger - Poppy Rubra
- Smokers - Jake Passmore, Piper Jacobsen
- School Pupils - Betty Mayo, Emilia Capitelli, Ezra Odigie, Freya Hewitt, Helena Smagala, Leah Girma, Louis Amos, Phoebe Warren, Skye Williams
- Mrs Porter - Nina Glover Southworth
- Customer in newsagent - Archie Mercer
- Mrs Beal - Piper Jacobsen
- Mrs Rose - Ava Hodgson Hann
- Librarian - Evie Nuttgens
- Mrs MacDowall - Katie Patrick
- Youth Employment Officer - Louise O'Hara
- Farmer - Matt Jerome
- Milkman - Theseus Stefanatos
All other parts played by members the cast.
- Stage Managers - Juliet Holden, Peter Stevens & Dave Workman
- Assistant Stage Managers - Liz Bate, Estelle Buckridge, Nina Cavallero-Knox, Jetta Dorling & Siobhan Campbell
- Lighting Designer - Peter Stevens
- Sound Designer - Peter Stevens & Dave Workman
- Lighting & Sound Operator - Caroline Doyle & Peter Stevens
- Set Design - Dave Workman
- Set Construction - Siobhan Campbell, Peter Stevens & Dave Workman
- Scenic Artist - Hazel Hindle
- Costume - Jessica Osorio, Lisa Thomas and the cast and crew
- Photography - Rachael Watkins
- Poster Design - Peter Stevens
- Make up - The cast
- Props - Alan Buckman and the cast and crew
The cast and crew would like to extend their thanks to the following people who have helped with this production:
Parents, family and friends of the cast for supporting their young people through the rehearsal process, Alan Buckman, Val Williams, Hazel Hindle, The Cast and Crew of Latin and Immaculate, Jess Osorio and her box office team, Matthew Lyne and the bar staff and Jeanette Hoile and the front of house staff.
Some review quotes go here
Reminiscences and Anecdotes
Members are encouraged to write about their experiences of working on or seeing this production. Please leave your name. Anonymous entries may be deleted.
Have there been other SLT productions of this play? Link to them here.
Or add anything that is related within this site. The author's page for instance or other plays with a similar theme.