Latin! or Tobacco and Boys (2013)
by Stephen Fry
A play in two unnatural Acts
- At the Chartham Park Preparatory School for Boys, Year 6's Common Entrance exams are only weeks away. With the Headmaster ill, Mr Clarke and Senior Master, Mr Brookshaw scheme for succession in a battle of wits and blackmail. To the victor the spoils but with the reputation of Chartham at stake, is the prize worth the price?
Performed with The Evils of Tobacco.
With: Barton Mills, Cartwright, Catchpole, Elwyn-Jones, Figgis, Harvey-Williams, Hoskins, Hughes, Kinnock, Madison, Potter, Smethwick, Spragg, Standfast, Whitwell
- Production Assistant - Lily Rae
- Stage Manager - Jess Osorio
- Lighting Designer - Gavin Parker
- Lighting & Sound Operator - Daniel Kelly
- Set Construction - Chaz Doyle, Fiona Thomas, Cast & Crew.
- Props - Anton Krause, Cast & Crew
- Costumes - Cast & Crew
- Poster Design - Lisa Thomas
- Programme Design - Michelle Thomson
- Photography - Phil Gammon
There are always lots of people to thank and I'm really lucky to know some really lovely ones:
Fantastic Cast & Crew (goes without saying); anyone that's let me talk to them about the show in any way, shape or form; Alan Maddrell and Will Baltyn; The power of Facebook; Katriona Stanford & co; Oli and Ed for the desk; Alan Buckman; Richard Williams; Matthew Lyne and the bar staff; Jeanette Hoile and FoH team; Jess Osorio and Box Office; Membership volunteers; Dave Hollander, our rep; Theatre Committee and non-existent Jan. Bell Theatre show; The Cast & Crew of Kes; Chaz Doyle; Siobhan Campbell; Sarah Frith; David Hawkins; Agent Fiona Thomas-Williams (DT); Daniel Kelly and finally Miss Lily Rae, 'genral dogsbody' and all round sexy thing.
Some review quotes go here
Reminiscences and Anecdotes
Members are encouraged to write about their experiences of working on or seeing this production. Please leave your name. Anonymous entries may be deleted.
Latin August 2001
Or add anything that is related within this site. The author's page for instance or other plays with a similar theme.