Vinegar Tom (2002)
Directed by Jack King
"If you float you're a witch If you scream you're a witch If you sink, then you're dead anyway. If you cure you're a witch Or impure you're a witch Whatever you do, you must pay."
Churchill's modern classic examines the role of women in society and how church and state conspire to curb female independence and individuality through the accusation of witchcraft.
Both gripping and moving in turn this superb piece of writing is brought to life by an equally excellent cast of new and established members. Make sure you don't miss it!
- The Man - Rob Clother
- Alice - Lisa Marsh
- Joan - Christine Theophilus
- Jack - Bob Callender
- Margery - Marie Hull
- Betty - Liz Ford
- Doctor - Rob Clother
- Susan - Lauren Goldsmith
- Ellen - Elinor Morgan-Jones
- Bellringer - Rob Clother
- Packer - Will Howard
- Goody - Pat Mill
- Stage Manager - Jess Osorio
- Lighting Design - Mike Elliott
- Lighting Operator - Alice Mill
- Sound - Andrew Rickinson
- Sound Operation - Tom O'Shea
- Personal Assistant - Paul Fortune
- Set Design - Lisa Marsh
- Set Building & Painting - Bob Callender, Liam Campbell, Paul Fortune, Marie Hull, Anton Krause, Pat Laban, Jess Osorio & Christine Theophilus
- Costume Design - Marie Hull
- Fight Arranger - Clive Russell
- Rigger - Bernie Bullbrook
- Board Design - Jeanette Hoile
- Poster Design - Andy Smith
Some review quotes go here
Reminiscences and Anecdotes
Members are encouraged to write about their experiences of working on or seeing this production. Please leave your name. Anonymous entries may be deleted.
Have there been other SLT productions of this play? Link to them here.
Or add anything that is related within this site. The author's page for instance or other plays with a similar theme.