The Swan (2015)
by D C Moore
- Presented in a Double-bill with Edgar and Annabel
Set in a run down South London boozer, present day.
This was the last show in the Old Fire Station before it closed for refurbishment at the end of October 2015. It was decided that to commemorate the Bell Theatre and Prompt Corner, which would cease to exist because of the new building design, a double bill of plays, one in each theatre, would be presented for the first and only time.
- Jim - Matthew Lyne
- Mr Downing - Chris Vian-Smith
- Denise - Hannah Taylor
- Bradwell - Daniel Kelly
- Amy - Steph Urquhart
- Christine - Charlotte Benstead
- Assistant Director - Robert Hatch
Shared with Edgar and Annabel (2015)
- Stage Manager - Jane Moorhead
- Assistant Stage Manager - Claire Moffat
- Lighting Designer - Bryon Fear
- Lighting & Sound Operator - Sarah Farage
- Set Design & Construction - Charles Doyle
- Set Construction - Mark Ireson, Laura Miller, Cast and crew
Acknowledgements and Thanks
Thanks to: The Hope and The Rosendale pubs for rehearsal space; Alan Buckman for kitchen furniture, Jenny McLaughlin, Jeanette Hoile, Hazel Hindle, Jane O'Hanlon, Bryon Fear, Simon Drake's House of Magic; Box Office, Front of House and Bar Staff; Gypsy Hill Brewery; the cast of Festen for shifting a ton of stuff; and Special thanks to the cast and crew of Edgar and Annabel from Daniel Kelly for their understanding and forbearance relating to his being in both shows.
Some review quotes go here
Reminiscences and Anecdotes
Members are encouraged to write about their experiences of working on or seeing this production. Please leave your name. Anonymous entries may be deleted.
Have there been other SLT productions of this play? Link to them here.
Or add anything that is related within this site. The author's page for instance or other plays with a similar theme.