The Pride (2015)
The play is set during the years 1958 and 2008 in London.
Alternating between 1958 and 2008, The Pride examines changing attitudes to sexuality and considers intimacy, identity and the courage it takes to be who you really are. Its two intertwined stories contrast the different times, and ask whether greater freedom makes it easier or harder to find love and happiness. At times funny, shocking and heartbreaking, the play takes us into two very different worlds, with a cast of characters trying to balance the need to be themselves with the needs of those they love. Will Philip, Oliver or Sylvia be able to find what they are so desperately looking for?
- Philip - Simon Gleisner
- Oliver - Paul Williams
- Sylvia - Lucy Fletcher
- Peter & Man - Apatu Storey
- The Doctor - Barry Heselden
- Assistant Director - Barry Heselden
- PA - David Carr
- Stage Manager - Emma Wilson
- Assistant Stage Manager - Rita Dockery
- Lighting/Sound Operator - Caroline Durant
- Lighting Design - Gavin Parker
- Sound Design - Andrew Rickinson
- Set Design - Michael Marsden
- Costumes - Lisa Thomas & Cast
- Props - Alan Buckman
- Photos - Kait Feeney
- Poster & Programme Design - Bryon Fear
Some review quotes go here
Reminiscences and Anecdotes
Members are encouraged to write about their experiences of working on or seeing this production. Please leave your name. Anonymous entries may be deleted.
Have there been other SLT productions of this play? Link to them here.
Or add anything that is related within this site. The author's page for instance or other plays with a similar theme.