The Custard Cavalier (2002)
Written and directed by Peter Fortune
The play revolves around Nick Ryman, an irresponsible, irrepressible, irritating scamp of a chap. He is unaware of how his selfish existence affects those closest to him. Maria, Nick's long suffering girlfriend and Joe, his 'best-est' chum, try to drag him into adulthood to do grown-up things like watch the news and not laugh when somebody farts. Nick refuses, and blows a raspberry at them.
What begins as an amusing romp turns into an emotional roller-coaster as Joe starts to rethink his friendship with Nick, and Maria seeks solace from Mike, her suave, sophisticated Boss. Slowly everything in Nick's life is torn away even things he didn't realise he had.
- Production Assistant - Andrew Rickinson
- Stage Manager - Pat Laban
- Lighting Designs - Stuart Draper & Mike Elliott
- Lighting & Sound Operator - Peter Loftus
- Set Design - Liam Campbell
- Set Construction - Alan Buckman, Andrew Rickinson, Steve Ellis & Peter Fortune
- Fight Co-ordinator - Clive Russell
- Prompt - Andrew Rickinson
Some review quotes go here
Reminiscences and Anecdotes
Members are encouraged to write about their experiences of working on or seeing this production. Please leave your name. Anonymous entries may be deleted.
Have there been other SLT productions of this play? Link to them here.
Or add anything that is related within this site. The author's page for instance or other plays with a similar theme.