Taking Steps (1999)
Directed & Designed by James Newall
Roland and Elizabeth are currently renting a furnished property from Leslie. Roland is all set to buy it, but Elizabeth meanwhile is in the process of leaving him and the house! She tries to enlist the help of Mark who is actually trying to restore relations with Kitty. In the course of an evening and the following morning, Roland, Leslie and Tristram negotiate the sale of the house, Elizabeth tries to leave and Mark ends up caught between all stools. Kitty spends most of the play shut in the wardrobe, for good measure!
Act 1: "The Pines" one wet evening.
Act 2: The same the following morning.
- Elizabeth - Gail Lowe
- Mark, her brother - Alistair Hedderman
- Tristram, representing Roland's solicitors - Jim Truscott
- Roland, married to Elizabeth - Des Muller
- Leslie, owner of the house and local builder - Peter Medd
- Kitty, Mark's on/off fiancee - Anne-Marie Carlile
- Stage Manager - Cathy Bee
- Assistant Stage Manager - Marcia Kelly
- Lighting Design - Gareth Barker
- Lighting Operator - Lionel Monks
- Sound Design - Ian Mill
- Sound Operation - Britta Ray
- Costumes Consultant - Val Williams
- P.A. - Karen Williamson
- Set Construction (The Wardrobe) - Ian Mill
- Assistant Set Designer - Ron Sales
- Props - Elaine Heath & Fiona Daffern
- Painting & Set Dressing - Anne-Marie Carlile & Gail Lowe
Some review quotes go here
Reminiscences and Anecdotes
Members are encouraged to write about their experiences of working on or seeing this production. Please leave your name. Anonymous entries may be deleted.
Have there been other SLT productions of this play? Link to them here.
Or add anything that is related within this site. The author's page for instance or other plays with a similar theme.