Over the Top (2013)
by Rodney Quinn
Presented in a double bill with Birds Still Fly
Over the Top, first performed in 2005 at the Cork Arts Theatre and published in 2006, is set in the First World War, 1918, just before they go into battle.
- Jack - Liam Sharkey
- Tommy - Noah Wright
- Witter - Theseus Stefanatos
- Billy - Douglas Campbell
- Sgt Jones - Winston Forgie
- William - Mark Vinson
- Maggie - Kelly-Kim Cranstoun
- Kate - Sue Jacobsen
- Grandad - John Lyne
- Mary - Robyanne Batley
- Mrs Taylor - Stephanie Edwards
- Stage Manager - Graham Clements
- Production Assistant - Michelle Thomson
- Lighting Design - Gavin Parker, Chris Gomez
- Sound Design - Andrew Rickinson
- Lighting & Sound Operator - Patrick Brown
- Costumes - Lisa Thomas
- Set Build - Chaz Doyle, Ben Owora, Jonathan Curry-Machado, Noah Wright, Graham Clements, Stephanie Edwards, Rodney Quinn
- Poster Artwork - Chris Green
- Set Painting - Hazel Hindle
With thanks to:
Melissa Williams for all her proof-reading on the new drafts of both plays; Val Williams and Jason and Anne Quinn for creating the army hats; Alan Buckman, Noah Wright and Peter Bond for props; Jeanette for all her help with the poster; the Hope pub for generously providing rehearsal space; and, finally, all the Bar, Box Office and Front of House volunteers who keep SLT running.
Some review quotes go here
Reminiscences and Anecdotes
Members are encouraged to write about their experiences of working on or seeing this production. Please leave your name. Anonymous entries may be deleted.
Have there been other SLT productions of this play? Link to them here.
Or add anything that is related within this site. The author's page for instance or other plays with a similar theme.