Burglary for Beginners (2008)
by Jem Solak
Performed with Bang, You're Dead! as a double bill.
Jack is a professional, one of the best in the business. Now he’s reluctantly taken on an apprentice, his nephew Oliver, who wants to learn the finer points of the family business. But on-the-job training is never simple when your business is burglary!
It should have been an uncomplicated job – breaking into the house of a wealthy art dealer to liberate some particularly valuable stamps: tidy, profitable, the perfect crime. But when things don’t go quite according to plan, Jack finds himself tutoring an incompetent accomplice while arguing the finer points of art appreciation, entertaining some unexpected guests and learning more about cooking than he ever wanted to know.
And there’s still the little matter of a safe to be cracked …
- Jack - Stewart Marquis
- Oliver - Ryan Quinn
- Richard Hamilton - Damian Molyneux
- Claudia Hamilton - Helen Judge
- Phoebe Hamilton - Sarah Andrews
- Bob - Christopher Vian-Smith
- Stage Managers - Brendan Murphy and Stuart Grimwood
- Fight Director - Anton Krause
- Set Designer - Chaz Doyle
- Lighting & Sound Design - Gavin Parker
- Lighting and Sound Operators - Ruth Huggett and James Hough
- Costumes - Michelle Thomson
- Set Construction - Charles Doyle, Steve Ridgeway, Barbara Hill, Jem Solak and cast and crew
- Props and Dressings - Alan Buckman and Kevin Leech
- Scenery Art & Original Artwork - Hazel Hindle, Michael Wilson & Dave Hollander
Some review quotes go here
Reminiscences and Anecdotes
Members are encouraged to write about their experiences of working on or seeing this production. Please leave your name. Anonymous entries may be deleted.