Bang, You're Dead! (2008)
by Paul Reakes
Directed by Lee Ridgeway
Performed with Burglary for Beginners as a double bill.
'Bang' You're Dead! is set in the living room of the Spink's house. Whilst awaiting the arrival of Theo and his prudish secretary Miss Trim, Theo's wife, Lydia and her boyfriend Marcus rehearse the murder of Theo which they are to commit later that evening. When the victim and "perfect witness" arrive all goes beautifullly according to plan except that Marcus kills Lydia instead and Miss Trim faints at the crucial moment. A ghastly mistake or are there some clever deviations from the original plot. In reality Marcus is Theo's boyfriend and Lydia is the intended victim all along. As for Miss Trim, she is not above a little play acting of her own and can surpress a scruple or two with regard to blackmail when marriage to the wealthy Theo is the prize.
- Stage Managers - Brendan Murphy and Stuart Grimwood
- Fight Director - Anton Krause
- Set Designer - Chaz Doyle
- Lighting & Sound Design - Gavin Parker
- Lighting and Sound Operators - Ruth Huggett and James Hough
- Costumes - Michelle Thomson
- Set Construction - Charles Doyle, Steve Ridgeway, Barbara Hill, Jem Solak and cast and crew
- Props and Dressings - Alan Buckman and Kevin Leech
- Scenery Art & Original Artwork - Hazel Hindle, Michael Wilson & Dave Hollander
Some review quotes go here
Reminiscences and Anecdotes
Members are encouraged to write about their experiences of working on or seeing this production. Please leave your name. Anonymous entries may be deleted.
Have there been other SLT productions of this play? Link to them here.
Or add anything that is related within this site. The author's page for instance or other plays with a similar theme.