Blood Wedding (2004)
Directed by Elinor Morgan-Jones
"To burn with desire and to remain silent is the greatest punishment we can inflict on ourselves."
"Blood Wedding", Lorca’s most celebrated play, is based on the true story of a fatal feud between two rural Spanish families that erupts when a bride elopes with her lover on her wedding day. It is a play that explores the enjoyment and the horror of the extremes of passion - but also a play of simple people leading simple lives that become engulfed by the greater forces of fate and destiny.
- Bridegroom - Matthew Fox
- Bride - Cara Thomas
- Mother - Jenny Gammon
- Father of the Bride - Peter Medd
- Leonardo - Tikiri Hulugalle
- Wife of Leonardo - Rachel Steven
- Mother-in-Law - Christine Theophilus
- Neighbour - Marian Buss
- Servant - Victoria Waddington
- The Moon - Jack King
- Beggar Woman - Helen Davies
- Woodcutter 1 - Charlie Storer
- Woodcutter 2 - Stuart Flitton
- Woodcutter 3 - Paul Fortune
- Girls - Dawn Maclachlan, Dee Fancett, Kat Boyce
- Assistant Director/Production Assistant - Maggie Kruger
- Stage Manager - Abi Spooner
- Assistant Stage Manager - Paul Gibbons
- Set Design - Jon Wade
- Sound Design/Operator - Darien Graham-Smith
- Lighting Design - Will Howard
- Lighting Operator - Phil Gammon
- Costumes - Phillip Hinton, Val Williams
- Hair - Jay Michaels
- Set Construction - Jon Wade, Maggie Kruger, Paul Gibbons, Stuart Flitton, Abi Spooner, Elinor Morgan Jones
- Rigger - Bernie Bullbrook
- Additional Music Composed by Jakob Kaye
- Poster Design - Will Howard
Some review quotes go here
Reminiscences and Anecdotes
Members are encouraged to write about their experiences of working on or seeing this production. Please leave your name. Anonymous entries may be deleted.
Have there been other SLT productions of this play? Link to them here.
Or add anything that is related within this site. The author's page for instance or other plays with a similar theme.