What Brutes Men Are (2001)
Directed by Kay Dobby
"'What Brutes Men Are' by Constance Cox is a gentle and poignant comedy in which the lounge of a second rate hotel becomes the setting for some astonishing revelations. Aided and abetted by the ministrations of Mildred and the maid, Janet, Carol and Linda find that their life experiences have not been so very different...in fact as the alcohol begins to flow they find they have a lot in common.
The action takes place in the lounge of a run down country hotel some time during the sixties.
Performed in a double-bill with Daddy's Gone A-Hunting
- Set Design & Construction - Keith Borgust, Adam O'Riley
- Lighting & Sound Design - Brian Fretwell
- Stage Manager - Pat Laban
- Deputy Stage Manager - John McAleaney
- Lighting Operator - Lionel Monks
- Sound Operator - Peter Loftus
- Costumes - The Cast and Val Williams at SLT Wardrobe
- Prompt - Marian Buss
- Fight Direction - Clive Russell
Some review quotes go here
Reminiscences and Anecdotes
Members are encouraged to write about their experiences of working on or seeing this production. Please leave your name. Anonymous entries may be deleted.
Have there been other SLT productions of this play? Link to them here.
Or add anything that is related within this site. The author's page for instance or other plays with a similar theme.
Edit Categories below - Bell or Prompt AND THEN REMOVE THIS MESSAGE!