The Playboy of the Western World (1981)
by J.M. Synge
Directed by Charles Cheetham
Text about the play
- Christopher Mahon - Matthew Lyne
- Old Mahon - Mike Gabe
- Michael James Flaherty - Bernard McLaughlin
- Pegeen Mike - Maureen Travers
- Widow Quin - Ann Mattey
- Shawn Keogh - Peter Dickson
- Philly Cullen - Dennis Packham
- Jimmy Farrel - Mike Mattey
- Sara Tansey - Heather Gilmore
- Susan Brady - Judi Travers
- Honor Blake - Lynn Jenner
- Nelly - Susan Marshall
- Peasants - Stuart Semple, Paul Valleau
- Stage Manager - Bill Peters
- Assistant Stage Manager - Anna Greenburgh
- Lighting - Colin Stokes
- Sound - Brian Fretwell
- Production Assistant - Margaret Bell
- Set Design - Charles Cheetham
- Set Construction - Charles Cheetham, Jim Doyle, Mike Gabe, Bill Peters
- Wardrobe - Rachel Dunican
- Props - Ann King, Linda Hartnett
Please write anny reviews here
Reminiscences and Anecdotes
There was no Friday evening public performance due to the weekend of 9th - 11th being the Little Theatre Guild Conference and AGM being held at the SLTC/Nettlefold Hall. The conference theme was "Training in the Amateur Theatre". At that time SLTC training classes were Choreography, Acting, Mime, Dance, Children's Theatre and Youth Theatre, additional financing was provided by Lambeth Council.
A meal and cabaret were held in Prompt Corner Friday evening, after the performance.
Brian Fretwell, archivist.
Have there been other SLTC/SLT productions of this play? Link to them here.
Or add anything that is related within this site. The author's page for instance or other plays with a similar theme.