The Killing of Sister George (1997)
by Frank Marcus
Directed by Juliet Male
The action of the play takes place in a London West End flat in the sixties.
Act I - A Tuesday afternoon in late September.
Act II - Scene 1: A week later at 4am. Scene 2: Late afternoon of the same day.
Act III - Two weeks later, in the morning.
- June Buckridge (Sister George) - Claire Ewen
- Alice "Childie" McNaughton - Juliet Mills
- Mrs Mercy Croft - Helen Chadney
- Madame Xenia - Karen Nott
- Stage Manager - Cathy Bee
- Assistant Stage Managers - Karen Lewis & Matthew Blackstaffe
- Lighting Design - Gareth Barker
- Sound - Brian Fretwell
- Designer - Alan Buckman
- Production Assistant - Annette Wiseman
- Set Construction - Anton Krause & Keefe Browning
- Music - David Harries
- Props - Matthew Blackstaffe
- Prompt - John Hartnett
Some review quotes go here
Reminiscences and Anecdotes
The recording of the death of Sister George (part of a radio show Sister George was a character in) took place in my front room one evening, with Claire Ewen and several other actors not on stage during the play. I think John Hartnett was one, but I cannot reliably remember who they were.