Directed by Brenda Meldrum
- The action takes place over twelve months, in various places in London in the early 1980s. The action shifts backwards and forwards during that year. There was no interval.
- Sarah Daniels' first professional stage production was 'Ripen our Darkness' at the Royal Court Upstairs in 1981, when she was 24. 'Masterpieces' was first commissioned by the Royal Exchange, Manchester and transferred to the Royal Court in 1984. It was one of their most successful productions. Sarah Daniels' plays are funny, subversive, feminist and extreme.
- Rowena Stone - Eileen Biccarragui
- Trevor Stone - Neil Matthews
- Yvonne Hughes - Sylvia Keeler
- Ron Hughes - Nick Davidson
- Magistrate & Hilary - Debbie Kane
- Jennifer, Irene Wade & Policewoman - Alva Semple
- "Baron", Clive & Judge - John Lyne
- "Peddler", Waiter, Policeman, Teacher, Psychiatrist & Prosecutor - Russell Sanderson
- Stage Manager - Jane McDowell
- Assistant Stage Manager - Anji Gibson
- Lighting Design - Brian Fretwell
- Lighting Operator - Simon Hodges
- Assisted by - Mandy Smith
- Sound - Mark Ahearn
- Production Assistant - David Hickman
Some review quotes go here
Reminiscences and Anecdotes
Members are encouraged to write about their experiences of working on or seeing this production. Please leave your name. Anonymous entries may be deleted.
Have there been other SLT productions of this play? Link to them here.
Or add anything that is related within this site. The author's page for instance or other plays with a similar theme.