Just a Song at Twilight (1994)
Directed & designed by John Mead
Part of a double bill with Blue Remembered Hills (1994). In this play (Just a Song at Twilight) the adults are played by members of the Youth Group - their actual ages are shown. In the second the children are played by adults - the ages given may have been the actual age of the actors.
The action tkaes place in South London, the long hot summer of 1994. The action takes place in a rest home.
- Mrs Barker (84) - Alison Holman (15)
- Miss Pratt (82) - Faye Hamilton (12)
- Miss Hamilton (79) - Kirsty Pirrie (14)
- Nurse (25) - Zoe Purdie (16)
- First Vicar (29) - Peter Daly (13)
- Second Vicar (27) - Mark Sammut (15)
- Stage Manager - Emily Sheridan
- P.A. - Sarah Walters
- Lighting - Keefe Browning
- Sound Recording - Brian Fretwell
- Sound Operator - Lisa Van Beveren
- Props - Val Williams
- Costumes - Alan Buckman
- Artwork - Peter Rochford
- Prompt - Ruth Quinn
Some review quotes go here
Reminiscences and Anecdotes
Instead of an end of show party we went to Chessington World of Adventures, where all kept in character. Adults acted like spoilt children and the youth group members like grown-ups. (Brian Fretwell)
Have there been other SLYC/SLT productions of this play? Link to them here.
Or add anything that is related within this site. The author's page for instance or other plays with a similar theme.