Dick Whittington (2009)
Directed by Charles Doyle
Dick Whittington is out to seek his fortune! He’s off to London with his faithful cat Puss and hopes to make some money, meet the girl of his dreams, and who knows, maybe even someday be the Lord Mayor. However, things are never that easy, with the evil King Rat framing our hero for theft and the local constabulary on his tail, how will Dick clear his name and win the heart of his girl?
- King Basil II, Great Overlord of the Rats - James Hough
The Children of Eternal Darkness:
- Nip (Chief Lieutenant of Crime Number One [the one who had eyes]) - Oliver Retter
- Tuck (Chief Lieutenant of Crime Number Two [and lover of Heavy Metal]) - Iona Conway
- Swing 1 - Michelle Thomson
- Swing 2 - Donna-Marie Ward
- Swing 3 - Kathryn Strangfeld
- Swing 4 - Rebecca Wieland
TING CAST Louise O'Hara, Piper Jacobsen, Nina Glover Southworth, Betty Mayo, Catherine Pontin, Leah Girma.
BOOM CAST Hans Rossbach, Nicole Wanogho, Kitty Judge, Bethan Collings, Marnie MacIver, Blake McKenzie.
- Assistant Director - Lauri Morgan
- Musical Director - Gerard Johnson
- Choreography - Brendan Matthew
- Production Assistant - Anne Durrant
- Costume Mistress - Michelle Thomson
- Costumes - Alan Buckman, Val Williams, Rachel Judge, Hazel Hindle, Penny Allen, Liân Stephens, Lisa Thomas, Debs Gowans, Caroline Doyle, Shona Doyle, Gavin Parker and James Hough
- Youth Coordinators - Peter Stevens, Ruth Huggett
- Lighting Design - Bob Callender
- Additional Choreography - Laura Hyde, Rebecca Wieland
- Sound Design - Gerard Johnson
- Lighting Operation - Liân Stephens
- Sound Operation - Lee Ridgeway, Rachael Lovegrove
- Set Painting - Hazel Hindle, Michael Wilson
- Dame's Makeup - Donna-Marie Ward
- Stage Management - Mark Ireson, Jess Osorio, Gavin Parker, Christopher Poke, Rodney Quinn
- Production photographs - Phil Gammon
THANKS Emma Kerby-Evans and Beckenham Theatre Centre, Mojo (2010), Ladies Down Under (2010), the Selfless Barmen of SLT, Naomi, Matt Lyne, Alan Buckman, Alan Walker, Carole Coyne, Alleyn's, Gipsy Hill Tavern, Nettlefold Hall, Kerry MacHale. And extra thanks to Anne for her drive, Gerard for what he does so very, very well, Brendan for his footwork, Michelle for being an absolute star, and Lauri, for frankly, keeping me sane.
Some review quotes go here
Phil Gammon's photos here:
Reminiscences and Anecdotes
Members are encouraged to write about their experiences of working on or seeing this production. Please leave your name. Anonymous entries may be deleted.