by Simon Block
It’s Saturday afternoon. Stevie and Mark have just bought their first home. She’s a hard-working graphic designer, heading for her weekly self defence lesson; he’s still the dreamer she met at art school, unemployed and working on his masterpiece: a pictorial alphabet for children. They’re in love. Their first child is on the way. Everything seems to be in perfect order. And then the doorbell rings.
On the doorstep are Gabriel and Lawrence, two door to door salesmen offering a “free estimate”, who convince the couple the walls of their house are about to collapse round their ears.
As luck would have it, they have an amazing product that can fix the problem…
- Stage Manager - Graham Clements
- Lighting Designers - Induja Bandara and Chris Gomez
- Lighting Operators - Induja Bandara and Noah Wright
- Fight Director - Anton Krause
- Set Design - Mark Ireson
- Set Construction - Graham Clements and Mark Ireson
- Scenic Artist - Hazel Hindle
- Props and furniture kindly provided by Carrie Andrews, Lisa Thomas, Graham and Jenny Clements, Alan Buckman, cast and crew
- Mark's illustrations created by Hazel Hindle
- Poster design - Emma Baines
- Production photography - Phil Gammon
Some review quotes go here
The script requires two large prints that Mark has created for his illustrated alphabet book. Hazel Hindle made these charming illustrations for the production:
Reminiscences and Anecdotes
Members are encouraged to write about their experiences of working on or seeing this production. Please leave your name. Anonymous entries may be deleted.
Have there been other SLT productions of this play? Link to them here.
Or add anything that is related within this site. The author's page for instance or other plays with a similar theme.