Charley's Aunt (1986)
Commemoration Week, Oxford 1895.
Act I - Jack Chesney's rooms in college (morning)
Act II - Outside Jack Chesney's rooms (afternoon)
Act III - Drawing room at Spettigue's house (evening)
This production was sponsored by Freeman's Mail Order.
- Colonel, Sir Francis Chesney, Bart - Leslie Lidyard
- Stephen Spettigue - John Lyne
- Jack Chesney - David Wright
- Charles Wickham - Matthew Lyne
- Lord Fancourt Babberley - Alan Buckman
- Brasset - Ken Lucas
- Donnna Lucia d'Alvadorez - Ruth Shettle
- Amy Spettigue - Josephine Hussey
- Kitty Verdun - Sylvia Keeler
- Ela Delahay - Penny Cox
- Stage Manager - Sonia Burke or Anji Gibson
- Deputy Stage Manager - Kate Nash
- Assistant Stage Managers - John Kidd, Bobby Kopstick, David Lamkin, Robin Lill & Steve Nash
- Lighting - Brian Fretwell
- Sound - Alf Vaal
- Set Construction - Bernie Bullbrook with Simon Hodges, Nigel Howcutt, David Lamkin, Robin Lill & Steve Nash
- Scenic Painting - Jill Clark
- Prompt - Su Hands/Vanessa Iggulden
Some review quotes go here
Reminiscences and Anecdotes
The Stage Manager has two names credited, as Sonia's is in the programme; but I do remember Anji taking over at short notice.
Members are encouraged to write about their experiences of working on or seeing this production. Please leave your name. Anonymous entries may be deleted.
Have there been other SLTC/SLT productions of this play? Link to them here.
Or add anything that is related within this site. The author's page for instance or other plays with a similar theme.