Calendar Girls (2014)
by Tim Firth
When Annie's husband John dies of Leukaemia she decides to raise money for a new settee for a local hospital waiting room. She and her best friend Chris persuade four fellow Women's Institute members to pose nude for an "alternative" calendar. The play is based on a true story of WI members who raised money for Leukaemia research.
- Chris - Kait Feeney
- Annie - Eileen Coan
- Cora - Jenny Gammon
- Jessie - Christine Theophilus
- Celia - Su McLaughlin
- Ruth - Sue Miles
- Marie - Anita Sollis
- Brenda - Lily Ann Coleman
- Elaine - Vanessa Colls
- John - Mike Smart
- Rod - Peter Medd
- Lawrence - Lawrence Dunant
- Liam - Chris Dascalopoulos
- Assistant Director - Anna Callender
- Stage Manager - Michelle Thomson
- Set Design & Construction - Gavin Parker
- Artistic Director - Hazel Hindle
- Props Co-ordinator - Michelle Thomson
- Costume - Jess Osorio, Lisa Thomas & the cast
- Lighting Designer - Jenny Harris
- Sound Design - Bob Callender
- Assistant Stage Manager - Caroline Durant
- Lighting & Sound Operator - Rachael Lovegrove
- Musical Arrangement - Helen Jones
- Publicity Photography - Vashti Potter
- Production Photography - Phil Gammon
- Programme Design - Mark Ireson
This production would not have been possible without the kind support of: Alan Buckman, Lisa Thomas, Mark Ireson, Jeanette Hoile, Lionel Monks, Siobhan Campbell, Kay George, Sue Jacobsen, Mikawo Bitmead, Richard Clark, Melissa Williams, Emma Kerby-Evans, Bromley Little Theatre, Beckenham Theatre Centre, Sue Sillett and Sunflower Productions, Alison Lee and the 'I'm in a production of Calendar Girls '''Facebook group, the family and friends of the cast and crew.
Thanks also to the army of South London Theatre volunteers who keep the place going. If you can donate some time to help the bar, box office or front of house, please speak to a member of 'staff' for details.
Hats off to the casts and crews of Contractions, By Jeeves and The Piper who allowed us to take liberties with rehearsal space, and to The Park and The Hope for donating the space (and putting the heating on!).
Some review quotes go here
Reminiscences and Anecdotes
Members are encouraged to write about their experiences of working on or seeing this production. Please leave your name. Anonymous entries may be deleted.
Have there been other SLT productions of this play? Link to them here.
Or add anything that is related within this site. The author's page for instance or other plays with a similar theme.