Anywhere to Anywhere (1998)
Directed by Lorraine Spenceley
This is a factual play about women aviators in World War II. The play follows the women's stories from the initial setting up of the all female Air Transport Auxilliary, the unequal pay, the lack of ladies toilets, through the war years to the point where they were "allowed" to fly aircraft of all sizes and the role of women pilots was finally recognised. All the characters portrayed in the play are young women who actually lived, flew planes and even died during World War II.
- Pauline Gower - Fiona Symes
- Anne Douglas - Dulcie Few
- Mona Friendlander - Stella Galvan
- June & Rose - Cassie Leisk
- Margaret Cunninson & Jackie Moggridge - Nichola Schubert
- Margie Fairweather - Vicky Jackson
- Roberta Sandoz, Elizabeth May & Margot Gore - Olivia Leisk
- Joan Hughes - Claire Stevens
- Monique Agazarian - Jennifer Sheridan
- Mary, Betty Sayer, Engineer & Audrey - Sheryl Webb
- Cecile Power - Cassie Leisk
- Veronica, Jaqueline Chocran-Olum & Rosemary Rees - Tamara Furber
- Lettice Curtis & Winnie Crossely - Philippa Leisk
- Anne's mummy, Doctor, 3rd Interviewer & Amy Johnson (Mrs Mollison)- Ashley Ryan
- Anne's daddy, Air Marshal, First Interviewer, DGCA & Sir Stafford Cripps - Sam Borek-Coxen
- BBC Announcer - Nick Williams-Gale
- Reporter - Kevin Wells
- Prime Minister - John Anderson
- 2nd Interviewer - Rachael Harte
- Stage Managers - Yvonne Amos, Fiona Daffern & Linda White
- Lighting - Keefe Browning
- Sound Operator - Ted Connolly
- P.A. - Mandy Reed
- Wardrobe & Props - Val Williams
Some review quotes go here
Reminiscences and Anecdotes
Members are encouraged to write about their experiences of working on or seeing this production. Please leave your name. Anonymous entries may be deleted.
Have there been other SLTC/SLT productions of this play? Link to them here.
Or add anything that is related within this site. The author's page for instance or other plays with a similar theme.