Absurd Person Singular (2002)
Directed & Designed by Lisa Marsh
A bleak comic look at the relationships of three couples over three consecutive Christmas gatherings. With each Yuletide visit we find the characters locked in an invidious battle, as they struggle in a game of one-up-man-ship, each trying to gain power as individuals over the dependency and obsession that rules their lives. As reason fall away the adults revert to children in their attempts to deal with the greatest tragedy - their lives.
- Geoffrey Jackson - Stuart Watson
- Eva Jackson - Ingrid Palm
- Sidney Hopcroft - Paul Hurley
- Jane Hopcroft - Kay Dobby
- Ronald Brewster-Wright - Bob Callender
- Marion Brewster-Wright - Fiona Daffern
- Dick Potter (voice off) - Lionel Monks
- Lottie Potter (voice off) - Lisa Marsh
- PA - Kat Boyce
- Stage Manager - Paul Fortune/Beth Smith
- Assistant Stage Manager - Anton Krause, Pat Laban, Matthew Lyne, Natalie Stansil & Chris Loft
- Lighting Design - Anna York
- Lighting Advisor - Mike Elliot
- Lighting Operator - Emma-Jane Connolly
- Sound Design - Andrew Rickinson & Richard Hanton
- Sound Operator - Richard Hanton
Some review quotes go here
Reminiscences and Anecdotes
Members are encouraged to write about their experiences of working on or seeing this production. Please leave your name. Anonymous entries may be deleted.
Have there been other SLT productions of this play? Link to them here.
Or add anything that is related within this site. The author's page for instance or other plays with a similar theme.