The Musical Comedy Murders of 1940 (1995)
by John Bishop
Designed & Directed by Alan Buckman
The action of the play takes place in Elsa Von Grossenknueten's mansion in Chappaque, New York. The time is December 1940.
When the play opens it is midnight..............naturally. It is not long before the phone goes dead....then the lights go dead. Soon it is not only the phone and lights that are dead.
This is a send-up of the Agatha Christie type of murder mystery. It is also a spoof of stock characters of the 30s and 40s. It is not a musical!!
- Helsa Wenzel - Karen Nott
- Elsa Von Grossenknueten - Ruth Shettle
- Michael Kelly - Peter Medd
- Patrick O'Reilly - Alan Buckman
- Ken De La Maize - Peter March
- Nikki Crandall - Eileen Coan
- Eddie McCuen - Toby Grimshaw
- Marjorie Baverstock - Gail Arnold
- Roger Hopewell - John Mead
- Bernice Roth - Maggie Cearns
- Stage Management - Anton Krause, Helen Chadney & Betty Gibson
- Lighting - Keefe Browning
- Set Construction - Anton Krause & Alan Buckman
- Prompt - Pam Jarvis
- Special Props - Val Williams & Peter Rochford
Some review quotes go here
Reminiscences and Anecdotes
Members are encouraged to write about their experiences of working on or seeing this production. Please leave your name. Anonymous entries may be deleted.
Have there been other SLT productions of this play? Link to them here.
Or add anything that is related within this site. The author's page for instance or other plays with a similar theme.