The Heights (2014)
by Lisa McGee
Presented in a double-bill with Fugee
Lillie Lee lives on the Heights Estate. Confined to her bedroom by sickness, Lillie feels isolated and abnormal. Her bedroom window is her only connection to the outside world; she obsessively watches her neighbours from it and keeps herself occupied by making up stories about them. An unusual encounter with Dara, another girl from tthe estate, leads the two teenagers to strike up a firm friendship that may prove to be dangerous.
- The Nice Woman - Lianne Abrahams
- Billy - Louis Amos
- Jacob and Pat - Dylan Brewerton-Harper
- Boyle - Arlo Brocklehurst Curry
- Jimmy - Matthew Jerome
- Matt - Archie Mercer
- Dara - Evie Nuttgens
- Lillie Lee - Rhiannon Sharkey-Thomas
- Sandra the Shopkeeper - Ruby Shaw
- The Glass Girl - Helena Smagala
- Webb - Maki Zinga
- Stage Managers - Siobhan Campbell, Juliet Holden, Peter Stevens and Dave Workman
- Assistant Stage Managers - Jo Carey and Nina Cavaliero-Knox
- Lighting Design - Peter Stevens
- Sound Design - Peter Stevens
- Lighting & Sound Operator - Siobhan Campbell & Peter Stevens
- Set Design - Peter Stevens
- Set Construction - Peter Stevens and Dave Workman
- Costume - The cast and crew
- Photography - Siobhan Campbell
- Poster Design - Peter Stevens
- Props - Alan Buckman and the cast and crew.
The cast and crew of both shows would like to extend their thanks to the following people who have helped with this production:
Parents, family and friends of the cast for supporting their young people through the rehearsal process, Alan Buckman, the cast and crew of Hobson's Choice, By Jeeves and Low Pay? Don't Pay!, Jess Osorio and her Box Office team, Matthew Lyne and the bar staff and Jeanette Hoile and the Front of House staff.
Some review quotes go here
Reminiscences and Anecdotes
Members are encouraged to write about their experiences of working on or seeing this production. Please leave your name. Anonymous entries may be deleted.
Have there been other SLT productions of this play? Link to them here.
Or add anything that is related within this site. The author's page for instance or other plays with a similar theme.
Edit Categories below - Bell or Prompt AND THEN REMOVE THIS MESSAGE!