The Funeral Director (2022)
by Iman Qureshi
The play addresses the issues of gender, sexuality and religious belief through the window of the relationship between Ayesha, a young Asian woman, her husband Zeyd and a friend Janey and the impact of a request to conduct the burial of a young Muslim male in Britain.
- Stage Manager - Caroline Durant
- Lighting Designer - Bob Callender
- Sound Design - Adam Crook
- Operator - Ollie Adkin
- Set Design - John Winters
- Set Construction - John Winters, Mark Ireson, Leon Chambers, Rachel Brain, Carole Ironside, Graham Clements and Sean Thomas
- Rigging Sean Thomas
- Production Photography - Phil Gammon
- Costumes - The Cast
- Assistant Director - Barry Hooper
Some review quotes go here
Reminiscences and Anecdotes
Members are encouraged to write about their experiences of working on or seeing this production. Please leave your name. Anonymous entries may be deleted.
Have there been other SLT productions of this play? Link to them here.
Or add anything that is related within this site. The author's page for instance or other plays with a similar theme.