Minor Murder (1969)
Directed & Designed by Lillian Frith
The action of the play passes in the living room at Carrawongs, a cattle station in north-western Victoria, Australia. The play is based on a true incident where two girls with lesbian tendencies murder the mother of one of them, because she intends on separating them Time: the present. The same incident was used by Peter Jackson for the film "Heavenly Creatures" in 1994, featuring Kate Winslet.
- Carla Ebinger - Maggie Burrows
- Margaret Field - Valerie Armstrong
- Shirley Field - Valerie Westbey
- Jack Doyle - Stan Westbey
- Mrs Doyle - Anne Rumsey
- Beekeeper - Eric Twelftree
- Patricia Pounder - Jean Firminger
- Claude MacAllen - Michael Martin
- Stage Manager - Ray Seaton
- Assistant Stage Managers - Val Youngman, Tony Talbot, Colin Smith
- Lighting - Colin Stokes
- Sound - Ken Evans
- Set Construction - Alan Firminger
- Wardrobe - Brenda Johnson
- Assistant to the director - Katherine Stratton
- F.O.H. Manager - Frank Howcutt
- Box Office Manager - Ralph Wade
Some review quotes go here
Reminiscences and Anecdotes
Members are encouraged to write about their experiences of working on or seeing this production. Please leave your name. Anonymous entries may be deleted.
Have there been other SLTC/SLT productions of this play? Link to them here.
Or add anything that is related within this site. The author's page for instance or other plays with a similar theme.