Gimme Shelter (1979)
A Trilogy by Barrie Keefe
Directed by Peter Wood
A trilogy: Gem and Getaway are set on the boundary of a cricket pitch on August Bank Holidays 1977 & 1978 respectively and Gotcha in the science room of a large city comprehensive school in April 1977.
- Stage Manager - Jack Fitzgerald
- Assisted by - Bernard Witt, Marilyn Whibley, Gary Newman
- Lighting Design & Operation - Colin Stokes
- Sound Recording - Brian Fretwell
- Sound Operator - Marc Fresko
- Set Design - Peter Wood, Jack Fitzgerald
- Set Construction - Charles Cheetham, John Harris
- Wardrobe - Sylvia Rowe
- Properties - Jane Brooke
- Assistant to the director - Trina Sattin
- Box Office Manager - David Bell
Some review quotes go here
Reminiscences and Anecdotes
Of course being set on a cricket pitch in August with characters in swimming gear, we chose to perform this play in February at a time when the theatre heating left much to be desired.
Have there been other SLTC/SLT productions of this play? Link to them here.
The centre one of the trilogy "Gotcha" was performed in Prompt Corner in 197x
Or add anything that is related within this site. The author's page for instance or other plays with a similar theme.