An Evening With Gary Lineker (1995)
Scene:- A holiday flat in Majorca.
Time:- During the World Cup 1990
Monica and Bill are there to rekindle their failing marriage. Monica dreams of having an affair with Gary Lineker, "the Queen Mother of football" while she is really seeing Dan, a friend of Bill's and a travel writer, whose books are published by Bill's firm.
As the game begins Dan turns up unexpectedly, as do Ian and Birgitta, a German tour rep. They settle down to watch the game, and, against a background of England's World Cup semi-final, the real battle is being fought by the five viewers in Majorca.
"Another beer for Birgitta?"
- Monica - Helen Chadney
- Bill - Alan Slater
- Ian - Joe Whitehouse
- Birgitta - Sarah Slater
- Dan - Stephen Cowles
- Voice of interviewer - Malcolm Saunders
- Gary Lineker - Anton Krause
- Stage Manager - John Lilley
- Assistant Stage Manager - Drew & Linda Nelson
- Lighting Design - Paul Bryan & Peter Medd
- Sound Recording - Brian Fretwell
- Sound Operator - Sylvia Bryan
- Set Design - Alan Buckman
- Set Construction - Alan Buckman, Anton Krause & Sharon Phipp
Some review quotes go here
All except Joe Whitehouse have their backs to the camera.
Reminiscences and Anecdotes
Members are encouraged to write about their experiences of working on or seeing this production. Please leave your name. Anonymous entries may be deleted.
Have there been other SLTC/SLT productions of this play? Link to them here.
Or add anything that is related within this site. The author's page for instance or other plays with a similar theme.