The Turn of the Screw (1990)
Directed by Charlie Cheetham
The action takes place in the sitting room/hall of Bly, a large country house in Essex, and extends over a period of five months - from June to October in 1875.
- Flora - Caroline Thompson
- Miss Grey - Vanessa Venables
- Miles - Oliver Maltman
- Mrs Grose - Ann Mattey
- Mr Crimond - Mike Mattey
- Quint - Raymond Lee
- Miss Jessel - Helen Sillett
- Stage Management - Paul Hutchinson, John Hartnett, Raymond Lee & Helen Sillett
- Lighting Design - Brian Fretwell
- Lighting Operator - Charlie Cheetham/Mike Mattey
- Sound - Alf Vaal
- Costumes - Rachel Dunican
- Prompt - Sara Couchman
- Set Construction - Charlie Cheetham, John Hartnett & Jack Fitzgerald
Some review quotes go here
Reminiscences and Anecdotes
Although I rigged the lights and set a few basic states the final plot was made by Charlie. He operated for the start of the show when Mike Mattey was on stage performing and Mike took over when his appearance had finished.
Have there been other SLT productions of this play? Link to them here.
Or add anything that is related within this site. The author's page for instance or other plays with a similar theme.