The Phantom Sonata (1978)
Directed by Charles Phillips
Death is not the "big sleep" - it is the "great awakening". Life is the dream, a phantom sonata, by turns amusing, annoying, strange, absurd, terrifying and tumultuous, but beautiful and desirable, too. However tormented the dream becomes we love it, cling to it and fear to waken - until we catch a glimpse of the world beyond. Then we become enthusiastic, impatient to cross over and step out on a new, even more exciting stage of the journey.......
- Milkmaid - Caroline Bryant
- Jacob Hummel - Terry Barden
- Johansson - Mark Whitwell
- Student - Mikael Rust
- Janitress - Jan Sumner
- Dark Lady - Ann-Louise Kearney
- Fiancee - Stella Cutler
- Colonel - Chris Stooke
- Young Lady - Debbie Hattersley
- Dead Man - Bernard Witt
- Dandy - John Bate
- Bengatsson - Graham Lewis
- The Mummy - Annette Wiseman
- Cook - Ginny Kybert
- Beggar pushing chair - Ray Ellison
- Stage Manager - Suki Gibson
- Assisted by - Jane Constantine & Jackie Wilson
- Lighting Design - Mike Singer, Terry Doyle
- Costume - Tracey Clark and the S.L.T.C. Wardrobe.
- Scenery and Masks - Charles Phillips
- Properties - Suki Gibson
Some review quotes go here
Reminiscences and Anecdotes
Members are encouraged to write about their experiences of working on or seeing this production. Please leave your name. Anonymous entries may be deleted.
Have there been other SLT productions of this play? Link to them here.
Or add anything that is related within this site. The author's page for instance or other plays with a similar theme.