The New Electric Ballroom (2015)
by Enda Walsh
The play is set in Ireland, inside a cottage, some time ago.
Scarred by events from their youth and the ensuing gossip, sisters Clara and Breda have locked their front door, never leave the safety of their house. Each day, they put on a show directed by Ada their younger sister, as they retell their stories - complete with costumes, light and sound - partly for entertainment but primarily as a cautionary tale.
In The New Electric Ballroom, there's no 'happily', just 'ever after' as the characters assemble once again to tell their story again and again....
- Stage Manager - Kay George
- Assistant Stage Manager - Jackie Burch
- Lighting Designer - Bryon Fear
- Sound Design & Accent Work - Kait Feeney
- Lighting/Sound Operator - Caroline Durant
- Poster - Chaz Doyle
- Costume & Hair - Lily Ann Coleman, Kim Goldsmith, The Cast
- Fight Supervisor - Anton Krause
- Set Construction - Chaz Doyle, Bryon Fear, The Cast
Some review quotes go here
Reminiscences and Anecdotes
Members are encouraged to write about their experiences of working on or seeing this production. Please leave your name. Anonymous entries may be deleted.
Have there been other SLT productions of this play? Link to them here.
Or add anything that is related within this site. The author's page for instance or other plays with a similar theme.