The Maids (2003)
Directed by Jay Michaels
Two housemaids, sisters Solange and Claire, both love and hate their young mistress. Every day, while Madame is out, they indulge in secret revenge fantasies and ritualistic role-plays impersonating each other and Madame. They have denounced her lover to the police by means of anonymous letters. They may have designs on Madame's life. They may be plotting each other's demise. But what's in it for them, and will they succeed? Who's going to get there first?
- Solange, a housemaid - Claire Webb
- Claire, a housemaid (her younger sister) - Deirdre Jackson
- Madame, their mistress - Ingrid Palm
- P.A. to the director - Victoria Waddington
- Composer - Jakob Kaye
- Stage Manager - Ronae Jolliffe
- Assistant Stage Manager - Paula Kelly
- Lighting Design - Alex Heighes & Mike Elliott
- Lighting Operator - Alex Heighes
- Sound Design - Jay Michaels & Christopher Vian-Smith
- Sound Operator - Victoria Waddington
- Set Construction - Bernie Bullbrook, Jess Osorio, Philip Hinton, Jay Michaels, Victoria Waddington & Paula Kelly
- Props - Alan Buckman & Philip Hinton
Some review quotes go here
Phil Gammon's photos can be seen here
Reminiscences and Anecdotes
Members are encouraged to write about their experiences of working on or seeing this production. Please leave your name. Anonymous entries may be deleted.
Have there been other SLT productions of this play? Link to them here.
Or add anything that is related within this site. The author's page for instance or other plays with a similar theme.