The Gut Girls (1995)
Directed by Pip Piacentino
The Gut Girls; fish gutters from the sheds of Deptford...hard drinking, hard-living, they wore no knickers, took pride in outrageous hats, painted their faces with flour and scented themselves with vanilla, carried 12-inch blades, terrorised men with their boldness and strength.
The action takes place in Deptford at the turn of the century (19th - 20th).
- Ellen - Geraldine Garner
- Maggie - Kim Styles
- Polly - Yvonne Amos
- Kate - Trudi Kent
- Harry - Tim Scott
- Annie - Liz Knapp
- Jim - Robert Stocks
- Lady Helena - Fiona Daffern
- Lord Edwin Tartaden - Keefe Browning
- Emily - Avronne Paternoster
- Arthur Cuttle-Smythe - Malcolm Woodman
- Len - Peter Medd
- Gran - Frances Walker
- Precilla Cuttle-Smythe - Juliet Ward
- Madjacko - Joe Whitehouse
- Nora - Julie Can
- Stage Manager - Faith Gordon
- Lighting - Matthew Blackstaffe & Paul Bryan
- Set Design - Adrian Lovejoy
- Wardrobe & Props - Val Williams
Some review quotes go here
Reminiscences and Anecdotes
Members are encouraged to write about their experiences of working on or seeing this production. Please leave your name. Anonymous entries may be deleted.
Have there been other SLTC/SLT productions of this play? Link to them here.
Or add anything that is related within this site. The author's page for instance or other plays with a similar theme.