The Flint Street Nativity (2014)
by Tim Firth
Welcome to The Flint Street Nativity! We were hoping to be in our new school hall.....
All things being well, thanks to the great recent fundraising news, this will be the last Christmas show this incarnation of the SLT building will see, and I am so proud of my stellar cast and crew for making it a real cracker.
Christmas for us started with the beginning of rehearsals in October and we have been living, breathing, singing and eating (go on, just one more mince pie), all things festive since then. I hope we bring a little Christmas cheer into your hearts today.
- Mary / Jenny Bennett - Helen Chadney
- Gabriel / Ashley - Hannah Taylor
- Angel / Shamima - Su McLaughlin
- Shepherd / Zoe - Siobhan Campbell
- Wise Gold / Jess - Katie Elston
- Wise Frankincense / Adrian - Simon Gleisner
- Innkeeper / Bradley - Charles Doyle
- Herod / Joseph/Ryan - Guy Jones
- Narrator / Tim - Jason Salmon
- Star / Marcus - Alex Watts
- Ass - Matthew Lyne
- Pianist - James Griffin
- AD / PA - Sophie Buijsen
- Stage Manager - Kay George
- Assistant Stage Managers - Rodney Quinn, Malcolm Woodman & Matthew Moore (one night only)
- Lighting Design & Tec Genius - Gavin Parker
- Sound Design - Guy Jones
- Lighting / Sound Operators - Noah Wright & Caroline Doyle
- Set Design - Charles Doyle
- Set Construction - Charles Doyle, Graham Clements, Jason Salmon, Gavin Parker, Adam Crook & Rodney Quinn
- Scenic Painting - Hazel Hindle & Cate Morris
- Set Painting - Rodney Quinn
- Musical Coaching - Helen Chadney
- Props and set dressing - Cast, crew and friends.
- Costume - Naomi Liddle, cast and crew.
- Animations - Shona Doyle
- Poster - Charles Doyle
- Show Photography - Philip Gammon
Gold Stars to go...
This show has been a real team effort and many people have gone above and beyond to make it happen. Special snogs under the mistletoe go to Helen, Guy and Chaz for extra-curricular work, the whole cast for their enthusiastic efforts at the craft table, James for jumping in at the deep end, the ever-patient Kay, Sophie for keeping me sane(ish), Mark Ireson our rep, Ollie Ridgeway for the loan of his rocket, the bemused lady at Floral Hall, The Hope, The Portico Gallery, R Woodfall Opticians for their kind sponsorship, every member of bar staff who has had to put up with our post-rehearsal shenanigans, Mrs Klein and the January shows, the hardworking box office, Front of House and wardrobe teams and everyone who keeps this lovely place going.
Reminiscences and Anecdotes
Members are encouraged to write about their experiences of working on or seeing this production. Please leave your name. Anonymous entries may be deleted.
Have there been other SLT productions of this play? Link to them here.
Or add anything that is related within this site. The author's page for instance or other plays with a similar theme.