The Father (2019)
The relationship between a father, Andre, and his daughter, Anne, who attempts to balance her love for her father and the need to care for him with the demands of her own life. Mirroring King Lear in the parent-child relationship, and looks at how the balance of power between parent and child shifts with age. The play is set in a flat in Paris.
- Andre - Chris Lilly
- Anne - Kim Goldsmith
- Pierre - William Everett
- Laura - Siannae Anderson
- Man - Steve Anstee
- Woman - Jennifer Nettles
- Assistant Director - Will Howells
- Stage Manager - Jane Moorhead
- Lighting Designer - Joanna Ostrowska
- Sound Designer - Andrew Rickinson
- Rigging - Sean Thomas
- Operator - Mike Smart
- Set Design - Carole Ironside
- Set Construction - Dennis Pettigrew, Charles Doyle, Mark Ireson, Carole Ironside, Sean Thomas, Will Everett, Steve Anstee & Brian Fretwell
Thanks to Mark Ireson, Jenny Bennett, Bryon Fear, Caroline Beckett, Miguel Vasconcelos Da Silv, the Front of House and Box Office team, the cast of She Ventures and He Wins and our expert panel: Sally Marlow, Robert Stewart, Emma Ouldred and Angela Clayton-Turner.
Some review quotes go here
Reminiscences and Anecdotes
Members are encouraged to write about their experiences of working on or seeing this production. Please leave your name. Anonymous entries may be deleted.
Have there been other SLT productions of this play? Link to them here.
Or add anything that is related within this site. The author's page for instance or other plays with a similar theme.