The End of the War Show (1995)
by Tricia Court
Original Songs by Richard Hayes
During a rehearsal on V.E. day, tuesday 8th May 1945, of the Burlington Follies show we meet the cast and see how the past 5 years of war has affected their lives.
The original script was written by Tricia Court to celebrate the 59th anniversary of the end of World War II, based on a real show called the Burlington Follies, performed in the 1940's in Bridlington. Tricia's mother, Jenny Hayes, was member of the cast in those productions, and the actual show is taken from her recollections and memories. Tricia's father, Richard Hayes, wrote many of the original songs for those shows, and three of them are featured in this production.
- Freddie Field - Des Muller
- Babs Brewster - Tricia Court
- Tony Grey - John Paul Miles
- Lottie Anderson - Emma Barrie
- Pat De Vere - Juliet Mills
- Mike De Vere - Matthew Blackstaffe
- Susie Ashman - Jenni Dominquez
- Trudi del Rio - Kim Rivers
- Mary Walter - Geraldine Garner
- Lily Smith - Charlanne Covington
- Leslie - Norman Divall
- Harry - Joe Whitehouse
- Follies Dancers - Gillian Condon, Joanne Cross, Sally Ann Garner, Jane Hardy & Linda Payne
- Musical Director - Thomas Bradley
- Percussion - James Dewhurst
- Vocal Coach - John Paul Miles
- Choreography - Yvette London & Andrew Oxford
- Assistant Choreographer - Jenni Dominquez
- Stage Manager - Sylvia Bryan
- Stage Staff - Paul Bryan, Thomas Williams & Bernie Bullbrook
- Lighting - Paul Bryan
- Sound - Paul Bryan
- Set Construction & Painting - Trevor Court & Eric Court
- Costumes - Tricia Court, Carol Crowther, Geraldine Garner & Jenny Hayes
Some review quotes go here
Reminiscences and Anecdotes
Members are encouraged to write about their experiences of working on or seeing this production. Please leave your name. Anonymous entries may be deleted.
Have there been other SLT productions of this play? Link to them here.
Or add anything that is related within this site. The author's page for instance or other plays with a similar theme.