The Cherry Orchard (2003)
Directed by Will Howard
The Cherry Orchard is, in essence, a simple story, following the final days in residence at the estate of the perfectly gracious but wildly impractical Madame Ranyevskaia and her family. Wealthy landowners now deeply in debt, these noble gentry have come onto hard times. They try desperately to maintain their aristocratic lifestyle, ignoring an oncoming bourgeois juggernaut. However, the coarse but competent power of an unstoppable new social order overtakes the fading memories of past glory, leaving all to embrace an unexpected future, whether they like it or not.
- Dooniasha - Kate Smyth
- Lopakhin - Will Howard
- Yepihodov - Jay Michaels
- Feers - Bernie Bullbrook
- Madam Ranyevskaia - Marcelle Clow
- Ania - Siobhan Campbell
- Varia - Claire Webb
- Gayev - Peter Medd
- Charlotta Ivanova - Caroline Loughwhite
- Simeonov-Pischik - Mike Smart
- Yasha - Stewart Barham
- Trofimov - Stephen Pilkington
- Stage Manager - Emma Wilson
- Assistant Stage Mangers - Maria Cottee & Paul Cottee
- Lighting Design - Stuart Draper
- Lighting Operator - Emma Howcutt
- Sound - Darien Graham-Smith, with thanks to Andrew Rickinson
- Set Design - Jon Wade
- Set Construction - Jon Wade, Maggie Kruger, Will Howard, Emma Wilson, Elinor Morgan-Jones & the cast
- Rigging - Bernie Bullbrook
- Production Assistant - Maggie Kruger
- Costume - Val Williams, Jenny Bennett & Jackie
- Hair & Wigs - Jay Michaels
Some review quotes go here
Reminiscences and Anecdotes
Members are encouraged to write about their experiences of working on or seeing this production. Please leave your name. Anonymous entries may be deleted.
Have there been other SLT productions of this play? Link to them here.
Or add anything that is related within this site. The author's page for instance or other plays with a similar theme.