The Actor's Nightmare (2010)
Directed by Carole Coyne
Presented as part of a double bill with Durang's Sister Mary Ignatius Explains It All for You.
George is sure he is an accountant not an actor so why do these people expect him to "go on" tonight? Why won't somebody at least tell him what play it is? Why didn't he join a monastery?
This is a hilarious evocation of many an actor's nightmare with lovely pastiches of some very well known plays - and being Christopher Durang there is a bit of lapsed-Catholic self-scourging as well.
- George Spelvin - Jason Lord
- Meg - Fiona Daffern
- Sarah Siddons - Sacha Walker
- Dame Ellen Terry - Stephanie Urquhart
- Henry Irving - Julian Farrance
- Assistant Director / PA - Paula Kelly
- Stage Manager - Michelle Thomson
- Assistant Stage Manager - Lauri Morgan
- Set Design - Carole Coyne & Catherine Ellis
- Set Construction/Realisation - Mark Ireson, Gavin Parker & Jem Solak
- Lighting Design - Gareth Barker
- Sound Rigging - Bob Callender
- Lighting and Sound Operator - Laura Yandell
- Scenic Art - Hazel Hindle
- Costume - Lisa Thomas
- Slaps and zips - Anton Krause
- Chaperoning - Peter Stevens
- Photography - Tom Hancock
- Poster - Myles Hanmore
Many thanks to the casts and crews of Ladies Down Under (2010) and Blackbird (2010), Jess Osorio and the box office team, Matthew Lyne and the bar volunteers, Jeannette Hoile and the raffle and front of house team, Alan Buckman, Mark Bullock, Dave Hollander, James Hough, Kevin Leech, Hans Mudlamootoo, Alleyn's School.
Some review quotes go here
Reminiscences and Anecdotes
Members are encouraged to write about their experiences of working on or seeing this production. Please leave your name. Anonymous entries may be deleted.