Spring and Port Wine (1981)
Directed by David Hickman
"Spring and Port Wine" was first performed on radio in 1957 as "My Flesh, My Blood" and was performed at the Bolton Little Theatre in the following year. It was then re-written and appeared under its new title at the Mermaid Theatre before transferring to the Apollo Theatre in 1964. It ran for over 2,000 performances: Alfred Marks appeared as Rafe with John Alderton as Harold.
- Daisy - Yetta Turner
- Florence - Sharon Pidgeon
- Betsy Jane - Anna Greenburgh
- Wilfred - Mikael Rust
- Harold - Chris Stooke
- Hilda - Su Montague
- Rafe - Leslie Lidyard
- Arthur - Christopher Young
- Designed by - David Hickman, Jonathan Silver
- Production Assistant - Sarah Hugo
- Stage Manager - Nigel Howcutt
- Assistant Stage Managers - Theresa Marshall, Sue Prior, Linda Sandford, Joanna Fawthrop, Carol Wheeler
- Lighting - Ambrose Richardson
- Sound - Bob Marshall, Alf Vaal
- Music - Jan Pringle
- Set Construction - Nigel Howcutt, Don North, Jonathan Silver, Simon Vaal, Ray Ellison
- Costumes - Kirsty Semple
- Props - Julie Howcutt
Some review quotes go here
Reminiscences and Anecdotes
Members are encouraged to write about their experiences of working on or seeing this production. Please leave your name. Anonymous entries may be deleted.
Have there been other SLTC/SLT productions of this play? Link to them here.
Or add anything that is related within this site. The author's page for instance or other plays with a similar theme.