Six Characters in Search of an Author (1974)
Directed by The Tutors
Performed by the SLTC training classes (adult classes, yes we had them then).
Described as:- "This is one of the most original plays ever written dealing profoundly with the various kinds of truth found in the theatre, yet, at the same time, presenting an intensely dramatic (and, at times, humorous) story. It is a full-scale production on the stage, and will show you the talents available for the future. Please book early and give the students all the support you can. Tickets 20p."
Unfortunately the main archive book for that year has no further details of the production.
- The Father - Roy Savage
- The Mother - Gwen Miles
- The Stepdaughter - Diana Hawkesworth
- The Son - Rolf Hawkins
- The Boy - David Mattey
- The Girl - Denise Robinson
- Madame Pace - Vivienne Miles
Members of the Company
- The Producer - Martha King
- The Leading Lady - Susan Cooksey
- The Leading Man - George MacGillivray
- The Second Actress - Josie Robinson
- The Ingenue - Mary Gwynne
- The Juvenile Lead - Paul Tehan
- The Stage Manager - Albany Griffiths
- The Prompter - Alison Ginn
- Foreman of Stage Crew - Dave Cooper
- Stage Hand - Jayne Clark
- Actors - Keith Mayers, Ken Tozer
- Actresses - Janet Blackley, Angela Hamnett
- Stage Management - Gillian Almond, Marion McNulty, Patricia Miles
- Assisted by - Ginny Kybert, Ann Mattey, Brian Playford
- Set Construction - Paul Beech, Don North, Nick Hewitt
- Front of House & Box Office -Frank Howcutt
- Assisted by - Jean Worboyes
Some review quotes go here
Reminiscences and Anecdotes
Members are encouraged to write about their experiences of working on or seeing this production. Please leave your name. Anonymous entries may be deleted.
Have there been other SLTC/SLT productions of this play? Link to them here.
Or add anything that is related within this site. The author's page for instance or other plays with a similar theme.
Edit Categories below - Bell or Prompt AND THEN REMOVE THIS MESSAGE!