Say Goodnight to Grandma (1976)
Produced by Peter Broderick
A biting comedy by the master of television drama. It tells the battle of two women - his mother and his wife - for the affections of poor Tony Weston. "Grandma" fights with favourite foods, old pals from the rugby club and cosy memories. His wife fights with.....
Too much and we'll give the plot away. Strong language and lots of laughs.
Act One: Friday afternoon. Nana's house "up North"and Jean and Tony's flat in London.
Act Two: Scene 1 Early Friday evening. Nan's House. Scene 2 Later Friday night.
- Nana - Pam Lyne
- Jean - Jackie Jones
- Tony - Justin Llewelyn
- Mrs Slattery - Lilian Frith
- Ray - David Guest
- Harry - Brian Scoltock
- Ken - Charles Cheetham
- Phil - Jonathan Taylor
- Eric - Mike Mawby
- Stage Manager - Vivienne Miles
- Assistant Stage Managers - E. Miles, Dill, John Norman, Susan Norman, Jan Treacher, David Maitland, M. Hotton & Pat Cantwell
- Lighting Design - George Battrick
- Lighting Operator - Tony Rapson
- Sound - Geoff Potter
- Wardrobe - M. Neale
- Production Assistant - Malcolm Saunders
- Set Designer - A. Beasley-Nunay
- Front of House Manager - Helen Boutell
- Box Office Manager - Jean Warboyes
Some review quotes go here
Reminiscences and Anecdotes
Members are encouraged to write about their experiences of working on or seeing this production. Please leave your name. Anonymous entries may be deleted.
Have there been other SLTC/SLT productions of this play? Link to them here.
Or add anything that is related within this site. The author's page for instance or other plays with a similar theme.