by Dan Goggin
Winner of the Outer Critics' Circle awards for the best off-Broadway musical and for the best book and best music, Nunsense begins when the Little Sisters of Hoboken discover that their cook, Sister Julia, Child of God, has accidentally poisoned 52 of the sisters, and they are in dire need of funds for the burials. The sisters decide that the best way to raise the money is to put on a, variety show, so they take over the school auditorium.
- Reverend Mother Regina - Margaret Glenn
- Sister Mary Hubert - Taylor Serina
- Sister Robert Anne - Lyndall Brown
- Sister Mary Leo - Jenni Chadney
- Sister Mary Amnesia- Audrey Lindsay
Ably assisted by
- Musical Director - Andrew Chadney
- Choreography - Jennifer Chadney, Lyndall Brown, Taylor Serina, Audrey Lindsay
- Dance Captain - Lyndall Brown
- Stage Manager - Matt Moore
- ASM/Dresser - Jane O'Hanlon
- Lighting Design - Brian Fretwell
- Lighting Operators - Caroline Durant, Bryon Fear
- Follow Spot - Fiona Daffern, Charlotte Benstead, Michael Marsden & David Carr
- Costumes - Sarah McPartlin for Bromley Little Theatre, Jennifer Chadney
- Wardrobe for SLT - Jane O'Hanlon
- Props - Audrey Lindsay, Margaret Glenn, Jennifer Chadney, Alan Buckman & Amanda Miller
- Set Design - Michael Marsden
- Set Construction - Charles Doyle, Lyndall Brown, Taylor Serina, Audrey Lindsay, Margaret Glenn, Jennifer Chadney, Andrew Chadney
- Set Painting - Hazel Hindle, Michael Marsden, Lyndall Brown, Taylor Serina, Audrey Lindsay, Andrew Chadney, Katie Patrick, Jackie Patrick
- Set Dressing - Margaret Glenn, Jane O'Hanlon, Katie Patrick, Jackie Patrick
- Puppet Sister Mary Annette - Jennifer Chadney
- Photography - Phil Gammon
- Additional Artwork - Katie Patrick
- Rehearsal Spaces - St Stephen's Church, Norbury and Diana Chadney
With thanks to Lisa Thomas, our theatre rep, Geoffrey Thompson, Diana Chadney, Tom Hancock, Michelle Thomson, Jeanette Hoile and the FOH team, Box Office, bar staff, the casts of Lillian and Doug and Hand in Glove, Albrighton Community Centre, Carole Coyne and the cast and crew of Flint Street Nativity. Thank you to everyone who stepped in to help us bring this wonderful show to life.
Some review quotes go here
Reminiscences and Anecdotes
Due to the indisposition of a member of the cast who had to leave the production at short notice with little time til opening, the part of Sister Mary Leo was taken by director, Jenni Chadney, who had been in the previous SLT production in 1993. Helen Chadney, who directed the 1993 production took over directing duties for the remaining rehearsal period and follow-spot action was undertaken by a variety of enthusiastic short-notice volunteers.
Nunsense (1993) in Prompt Corner.