Mr Maccaroni and the Exploding Pizza Pie (1995)
Directed by Lorraine Spenceley
This is a fun-filled, fast moving play for children of five years and above. The plot revolves around the antics of Wordsworth, Nellie and Drippy Dora, three waiters sacked by Mr Macaroni, the money-minded owner of the Pizza Pie Palace. As they devise schemes to get their jobs back, they are steered through various adventures with the help of the audience and Nellie's "wonder-granny brain power".
After a mystical meeting with glamorous hairdresser Eileen Nostril and her schoolboy nephew Norman, being captured by the feared Captain Kung Fu and the dreaded Wing-Wangs, all ends happily with a double wedding.
- Mr Macaroni - Nadia Perez
- Old Nellie - Ruth Quinn
- Wordsworth - Thomas Williams
- Drippy Dora - Selene Oloula
- Norman Nostril - Chris Clarke
- Eileen Nostril - Emily Sheridan
- Brigadier Bumbracket - Eugenia Anderson
- Miss Lolita Suspender - Alexis Ironside
- Madame Dubonnett - Charlanne Covington
- Shareholder - Lucy Skelley
- Captain Kung Fu - Eugenia Anderson
- Wun Wong Eye - Lucy Skelley
- Wun Wong Arm - Alexis Ironside
- Wun Wong Leg - Georgina Cook
- Wun Wong Foot - Charlanne Covington
- Wum Numb Bum - David Rooney
- Waiters - Alexis Ironside & Georgina Cook
- Stage Manager - Joe Whitehouse
- Lighting - Keefe Browning
- Sound - Lisa Van Beveren
- Costumes - Val Williams
- Props - Val Williams & cast
- Special Effects - Trevor Court
Some review quotes go here
Reminiscences and Anecdotes
Members are encouraged to write about their experiences of working on or seeing this production. Please leave your name. Anonymous entries may be deleted.
Have there been other SLTC/SLT productions of this play? Link to them here.
Or add anything that is related within this site. The author's page for instance or other plays with a similar theme.