Ladies in Retirement (1992)
Directed by Mrs Su Hands
The play was originally written in three Acts, but we have adjusted it to two.
Act One, Scene 1 June morning 1885, Scene 2 September afternoon, Scene 3 Afternoon, one week later, Scene 4 Saturday night, mid November.
Act Two, Scene 1 Sunday morning, Scene 2 The following Wednesday night, Scene 2, Thursday morning.
The action takes place in the house of Leonora Fiske and Ellen Creed on the Island of Grain in the Thames estuary.
- Lucy, a maid - Miss Melanie Deborca
- Miss Leonora Fiske - Miss Maxine Canham
- Miss Ellen Creed - Mrs Alva Semple
- Mr Albert Feather - Mr Neil Lewis
- Miss Louisa Creed - Miss Vivienne Weller
- Miss Emily Creed - Miss Mary Phelan
- Sister Theresa - Mrs Irene Winbourne
- Personal Assistant - Mr Victor Kelly
- Stage Manager - Mr Paul Hutchinson
- Lighting - Mr Brian Fretwell
- Sound Recording - Mr Brian Fretwell
- Sound Operator - Mr Thomas Williams
- Wardrobe - Mrs Val Williams
- Set Design - Mr Victor Kelly
- Set Construction & Painting - Mr Victor Kelly, Mr Paul Hutchinson, Mrs Su Hands & Miss Vivienne Weller
- Prompt - Miss Katharine Holmes
Some review quotes go here
Reminiscences and Anecdotes
Members are encouraged to write about their experiences of working on or seeing this production. Please leave your name. Anonymous entries may be deleted.
Have there been other SLTC/SLT productions of this play? Link to them here.
Or add anything that is related within this site. The author's page for instance or other plays with a similar theme.