Home and Beauty (1999)
Directed by Peter March
The action of the play takes place at Victoria's house in Westminster towards the end of November 1918.
Act 1: Victoria's bedroom - Afternoon.
Act 2: The drawing-room - The following morning.
Act3: The servant's hall - Noon, the next day
- Victoria, a dear little thing - Geraldine Garner
- Miss Dennis - Imelda McGillycuddy
- Taylor, the maid - Jill Davies*
- Mrs Shuttleworth, Victoria's mother - Denise Lynn
- Leicester Paton, a wangler - Stewart Barham
- Major Freddie Lownes, D.S.O., a hero - David Trowsdale
- Major William Cardew, D.S.O., another hero - Matthew Eades
- Nannie, the nurse - Jessica Cheeseman
- Mrs Pogson, a cook - Julie Broughton
- A.B. Raham, a solicitor - Robert Bouchnik
- Miss Montmorency, a maiden lady - Anita Sollis
- Clarence, an errand boy - Chris Cheeseman
- Stage Manager - Pat Laban
- Assistant Stage Managers - Dave Ford & Lorna Gipson
- Lighting Design - Brian Fretwell
- Lighting & Sound Operator - Lionel Monks
- Set Construction - Jonathan Robson
- Costumes & Props - Val Williams
- Furniture - Greta Raikes
- P.A. to the director - Jill Davies
- Prompt - Georgina Smythe
- Poster Design - Ian Hunter
Some review quotes go here
Reminiscences and Anecdotes
Members are encouraged to write about their experiences of working on or seeing this production. Please leave your name. Anonymous entries may be deleted.
Have there been other SLT productions of this play? Link to them here.
Or add anything that is related within this site. The author's page for instance or other plays with a similar theme.