Directed by Sean Chapman
All is not as it seems in Fairyland this Christmas... Grimm Tales is a dark journey for all the family through the original versions of some classic fairy tales, including Little Red Riding Hood, Cinderella, Snow White and Hansel and Gretel. Babies are stolen, young girls are strangled, a donkey produces gold from both ends, and a host of Kings and Queens make outrageous commands! Join the cast as they retell these wonderfully Grimm stories. You'll laugh, scream and never forget!
The Hare and the Hedgehog; Hansel and Gretel; Little Red-Cap; Snow White.
The Golden Goose; Ashputtel; The Magic Table, the Golden Donkey and the Cudgel in the Sack; Rumpelstiltskin
- Hare/Hansel/DHL Man/Prince/Beggar\Sister/2nd Son/Messenger - James Furlong
- Hedgehog/Father/Dwarf 1 & 2/ Beggar\Sister/1st Son/Rumpelstiltskin - Ran Bradu
- Wife/Mother\Witch/Grandmother/Queen/Stepmother/3rd Son - Induja Bandara
- Gamekeeper/Wolf/Huntsman/Prince/Father - Robert McIndoe
- Duck/Huntsman/Dwarf 5 & 6/Goat/King -Stuart Grimwood
- Gretel/Red Cap/Snow White/Ashputtel/Daughter\Queen -Phillipa Ward
- Dwarf 3 & 4/Father/Landlord -Malcolm Woodman
- Members of the Youth Group
- Narrator - James Hough
- Assistant Director/PA - Juliet Holden
- Stage Manager - Gavin Parker
- Assistant Stage Managers - Jess Osorio, Derek Dempsey, Steve Imrie, Jon Creighton
- Set Design - Gavin Parker & Charles Doyle
- Lighting Design - Mike Elliott
- Lighting Operator - Sean Chapman
- Sound Operator - Kevin Leech
- Sound Design - Pete Coombs
- Youth Group Directors - Peter Stevens & Karen Webb
- Scenic Artists - Hazel Hindle & Michael Wilson
- Set Construction - Gavin Parker & the cast & crew
- Props & Puppets - Jenni Chadney
- Costumes - Val Williams
- Chaperone - Sue Jacobsen
- Theatre Committee Representative - Jack King
- Programme & Poster Design - Mark Davies
- Additional Material - Sean Chapman
Thanks. The cast and crew would like to extend their heartfelt thanks to the following people who have helped with this production: Carole Coyne, Hope & Greenwood for their generous donation of sweets, the staff at Alleyns School, the staff at Egos, Kate Coombs, Crispin Hunt, the Theatre Committee, General Council, Anna York and her box office team, the lovely bar staff and FOH team.
Some review quotes go here
Reminiscences and Anecdotes
Members are encouraged to write about their experiences of working on or seeing this production. Please leave your name. Anonymous entries may be deleted.
Have there been other SLTC/SLT productions of this play? Link to them here.
Or add anything that is related within this site. The author's page for instance or other plays with a similar theme.